The Octavia Lab is a do-it-yourself studio space at the Central Library of the Los Angeles Public Library.
The Octavia Lab has reopened for reservations via appointment. Due to County health restrictions on social distancing, the high level of hands-on support needed, and the fragility of the equipment, not all of our equipment and stations are available.
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday & Thursday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday and city holidays: Closed
Please call the Octavia Lab at 213-228-7150 if you would like to set up an appointment or have any questions.
E-mail us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a reminder, we only accept appointments by phone, not by email.
- 3D printing
- CNC mill
- Green screen & buff screen backdrops
- Laser cutter
- PC & Apple access to Adobe Creative Cloud, MakerBot Print, Silhouette Studio
- PC access to SewArt, Solidworks 2019
- Poster printing
- Sewing machines, serger, & computerized embroidery machine
- Silhouette (computerized cutting machine)