On July 16, 2021, a Federal District Court judge in Texas issued a ruling in Texas v. U.S. limiting the DACA program and declaring it unlawful. Effective immediately, the court's decision prohibits USCIS from approving any new DACA applications.
Individuals who presently have DACA may continue to file renewals. Make an appointment to file for DACA Renewal.
If you have recently applied for DACA through a New Americans program partner and have questions, contact your immigration specialist or call the New Americans message line at 213-228-7390 and a library staff member will return your call within two business days.
Welcome New Americans! As the second-largest city in the United States, Los Angeles is home to immigrants from more than 140 countries. We are working together with our community partners to bring important information to you about immigration and citizenship.
We value your privacy and your rights as a resident in Los Angeles. All information is confidential and all services are free.
Want to make an appointment or have questions? Call us and leave a message in English, español (Spanish), 한국어 (Korean), or 中文 (Chinese) at 213-228-7390. A library staff member will return your call within 2 working days.
All New Americans service appointments are now over the phone. Each appointment is 60-90 minutes. A service provider will call you.
- Assistance with N-400s.
- Green Card renewals.
- Fee waiver completions.
- Questions about adjustment of status.
- DACA renewal.
- Financial coaching for immigrants.
- Small business/sidewalk vending consultation
Current classes are closed for enrollment. Next class session will begin in mid October, and the enrollment will open in early October.
Enroll in Online Citizenship Classes
- Learn English, civics, and history required to pass the test and become a United States citizen.
- All classes are taught in English, with language support in Spanish, Farsi, and Armenian.
- Classes are two hours long, once or twice a week for 10-12 weeks.
- Participants must be lawful permanent residents (*must have a Green Card).
- After signing up, participants will receive a registration form link and Zoom class information via email or text.
- Questions or problems in registering for an online citizenship class? Call us and leave a message in English, Spanish, Korean or Chinese at 213-228-7390. A library staff member will return your call within 2 working days.
USCIS materials in Korean, Chinese, Arabic, Tagalog, and Vietnamese can also be found on the USCIS website. Printed study materials from USCIS are only available in English and in Spanish.
We value your privacy and your rights as a resident in Los Angeles. All information is confidential and services in the library are all free. Questions? Call us at 213-228-7390.