The Los Angeles Public Library’s Central Library and their 72 neighborhood branches offer a variety of free programs, workshops, and activities that enrich, educate and empower every individual in our city’s diverse communities.
In addition to offering staff-led programs, the library maintains a program resource directory which is used to hire performers and presenters. The performers and presenters in this directory have successfully auditioned, agreed to undergo a background check and provided proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
We are especially interested in programming that reflects the wide array of diversity that can be found in Los Angeles. Effective programs should attract a diverse audience, present a unique subject matter, and reflect the performers’ own cultural background and experiences.
To be considered for inclusion in the program resource directory, you must:
- Submit a proposal. Program proposals are reviewed regularly. Due to the volume of proposals received, not all are accepted and we cannot offer feedback on unsuccessful proposals. If your proposal is accepted, you must:
- Audition, if the committee deems it necessary. If the audition is successful, you must:
- Undergo a fingerprint-based background check at the library’s expense
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination via appointment only.
- Performer/Presenter must be a Southern California resident.
In addition, please make sure you understand and agree with the following stipulations before submitting a proposal:
- I have qualifications (education, degree, experience, etc.) that allow me to present in the area of my program proposal.
- I will not solicit directly to individual librarians, libraries, or program attendees at any time.
- I understand being in the program resource directory does not guarantee that my program will be booked.
- I will not sell merchandise or services at any of the programs.
- I will provide my own equipment and supplies for the program that I am presenting.
- I will submit my invoice within 7 calendar days after my performance and will be paid after I have presented a program; the current rate is $400.
To begin, please fill out this form.