Free Health & Homeless Shelter Services
The Source offers a one-stop-shop of resources and services to help homeless Angelenos transition to independent and supported living. Services are also available for eligible low-income residents. All services are free of charge.
Services offered may vary by location and include:
- Same day transportation to emergency shelter
- Free California ID vouchers for the DMV
- Free cell phones
- Housing assessment through the Coordinated Entry System
- Enrollment into Medi-Cal and CalFresh
- Employment assistance
- Mental health services
- HIV education and resources
- Child support services
- Referrals to expert providers
The Source Locations
- Central Library
Last Tuesday of every month
12:30 - 3 p.m.
630 W Fifth St
Los Angeles, 90071
- Exposition Park Regional Branch
Third Tuesday of every month
12 - 3 p.m.
3900 S Western Ave
Los Angeles, 90062
*There will be no The Source event in October.
It is recommended to call the library before visiting to confirm upcoming events.
Use our Homeless Resources site to find resources near you.