Please note that this registration form is required for all who wish to visit the Rare Books Room at Central Library.
You will need to present a current photo ID, and will be asked to re-register once a year so that our records remain current.
Please use the Rare Books Appointment Request Form to request materials and make your appointment.
Please note the following guidelines for using materials in the Rare Books Room:
- All researchers must register with this form and show current government-issued photo identification with name and address.
- Due to preservation concerns, food and drink are not permitted in the Rare Books Room.
- To preserve the originals for future use, please make no marks or erasures on any items.
- Due to the risk of inadvertent damage to documents, the use of ink is prohibited. Please take notes in pencil.
- The researcher assumes sole responsibility for any infringement of the literary rights, copyrights, or other rights which pertain to these materials.
- Rare Books Room materials do not circulate. They must be used in the Reading Room only.
- Theft, destruction or mutilation of library materials is a crime. The researcher accepts financial responsibility for any damage to materials.
- The researcher must sign this form, along with the photography policy, before using our materials. By signing this form, the researcher acknowledges the responsibility to observe the guidelines listed.