Thanks for visiting the Perform at LAPL page.
We are not currently accepting any new performer or presenter proposal forms.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Los Angeles Public Library’s Central Library and 72 neighborhood branches offer a variety of free programs, workshops, and activities that enrich, educate and empower every individual in our city’s diverse communities.
In addition to offering staff-led programs, LAPL maintains a program resource directory which is used to hire performers and presenters. Performers and presenters in this directory have successfully auditioned and, starting July 1, 2019, have agreed to undergo a background check.
To be considered for inclusion in the program resource directory, you must:
- Submit a proposal. Program proposals are reviewed regularly. Due to the volume of proposals received, not all are accepted and we cannot offer feedback on unsuccessful proposals. Successful proposals align with our strategic priorities and initiatives. If your proposal is accepted, you must:
- Audition, if the committee deems it necessary. If the audition is successful, you must:
- Undergo a fingerprint-based background check at the library’s expense.
In addition, please make sure you understand and agree with the following stipulations before submitting a proposal:
- I have qualifications (education, degree, experience, etc) that allow me to present in the area of my program proposal.
- I will not solicit directly to individual librarians, libraries, or program attendees.
- I am willing to travel to any library at the Los Angeles Public Library.
- I understand being in the program resource directory does not guarantee that my program will be booked.
- I will not sell merchandise or services at any of the programs.
- I will provide my own equipment and supplies for the program that I am presenting.
- I will submit my invoice and be paid after I have presented a program; the current rate is $300.