Saturday, November 4, from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Central Library
Join us for a day of panel discussions, workshops, and other activities celebrating the written word, self-expression, and DIY culture.
Still want more to do? Why not sign up for the My L.A.: Year-End Reading Challenge, which kicks off during Indie-Pendent Voices on November 4 and runs through December 31.
- The Los Angeles Public Library does not own or operate public parking facilities in the vicinity of the Central Library. Limited reduced-rate parking is available at the parking garage located at 524 South Flower St., directly underneath Central Library.
- Parking validation for this parking garage is available at the Information Desk. Parking validation rates of $1, payable at the parking garage only between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Westlawn Garage 524 S. Flower St.
- Flat rate with library validation $1
- Public transportation is highly encouraged. The Metro A (Blue), B (Red), and D (Purple) Lines have stops near Central Library. Most buses that come downtown stop near the Central Library. Check the Metro website for rates, routes, and schedules.
- Downtown residents are encouraged to take the DASH “B” route to Central Library. Service runs every 10 minutes from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visit ladottransit.com/dash for more info.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is admission?
The event is free and open to all. All activities, author programs, and workshops are free
Do I need to register?
No, but select in-person programs have limited capacity and will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis for attendance.
Where will the event take place?
Indie-Pendent Voices will take place in various areas of the Los Angeles Central Library, including Mark Taper Auditorium, Octavia Lab, Meeting Room A, Meeting Room B, Annenberg Annex, and Teen’Scape.
Is there going to be food?
The festival will not be providing food, however there are many food options in Downtown Los Angeles around Central Library.
Do I need a library card?
A library card is not needed to attend the event. If you don’t already have a Los Angeles Public Library card, we encourage you to sign up for one at the Circulation desk located on the first floor. Library cards are free to residents of California, and the Los Angeles Public Library no longer charges late fines! Parking validation will require a library card.
Will I be able to purchase books?
Yes, The Library Store will be in the Annenberg Annex from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. with select Indie Author and Zine titles for sale.
Is the festival ADA-compliant?
Yes. Central Library is fully accessible throughout the building. Flower and Fifth Street entrances have ramps. For ADA accommodations, call (213) 228-7430 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Will author signings be available?
Yes, this year, author signings will be offered from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
COVID Safety: As of Monday, October 3, 2022, masks are no longer required in city libraries; like in other indoor places, masks are still strongly encouraged.
Are you an author or community organization interested in participating in 2024?
Contact us below if you're an author or the representative of an organization interested in participating in next year's (2024) Indie-Pendent Voices celebration. Opportunities include hosting a program, workshop, or tabling.
Indie-Pendent Voices Community Partners and Sponsors