Health Matters at Los Angeles Public Library! We offer workshops and resources on a variety of health topics at each of our 73 libraries. Our health materials are available in print, online, DVD, CD and various electronic formats. Please check the library's Calendar of Events to learn more about health-related events.
Welcome to Healthy Fridays – Sign Up for CalFresh and Medi-Cal at your library!
Los Angeles Public Library has partnered with the LA County Department of Social Services (DPSS) and are helping to serve your family’s needs. DPSS Outreach staff will be at the libraries to accept your CalFresh and Medi-Cal applications and to answer all your questions about these programs. DID YOU KNOW?...
- You may qualify for CalFresh and or Medi-Cal benefits.
- DPSS staff can accept and process your CalFresh and/or Medi-Cal application right there!
- You may assist us in processing your application quickly by bringing the following:
- Personal identification (CA Driver’s License, CA Identification, etc.), Social Security Numbers, verification of income/assets/expenses, verification of citizenship or legal residency/sponsorship for residency.
- For a full list of documents please visit THIS PAGE and choose your language of preference.