U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Los Angeles Public Library Citizenship Corners
Interested in becoming a U.S. Citizen? Every branch of the Los Angeles Public Library System has a Citizenship Corner filled with materials and handouts to help you get started. Materials include:
- Have you considered U.S. citizenship flyer (English, Chinese, Vietnamese)
- Citizenship Resource Center flyer (English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese)
- The Naturalization Test Brochure
- Application for Naturalization
- Civics Flash Cards for the Naturalization Test (English,Spanish)
- Vocabulary Flash Cards
- Learn About the United States: Quick Civics Lessons
- The Naturalization Interview and Test Video
- The Citizen's Almanac
- UPIL Brochure (English, Spanish)
Ask your librarian where to find these materials at your library.
Los Angeles Public Library Citizenship Test Preparation Resources
The revised citizenship test went into effect on October 1, 2008. Works published before this date may not have the current test information.
Citizenship Books: Click for a selected list
- Learning Express Library
Database includes the Citizenship Exam Preparation and Green Card information in English and Spanish.
- Testing and Education Reference Center
International tools U.S. Citizenship testing tab includes online testing and e-book, How to become a U.S. Citizen.
Free one-on-one online tutoring in English and Spanish, and resources provide study materials and sample tests on citizenship.
Other electronic resources
- Citizenship and Immigration Web Links
Links selected by LAPL librarians
- Citizenship Works
- Practice Civics Videos from USCIS:
Study the 100 questions for the citizenship exam in these 100 short videos, one for each question of the civics portion of the naturalization test.
Citizenship: En Español: Click for a selected list
Citizenship Books: Other Languages: Click for a selected list
Citizenship Study Materials from Other Organizations
Naturalization Guide by CLINIC - https://cliniclegal.org/sites/default/files/the_citizenship_test_0.pdf
Translations of the US Citizenship 100 Questions: