- Every new baby in Los Angeles will receive their own free library card
- New parents will talk, read, write, sing, play with their babies
- New families will come to the library for free information, resources, and programs that support their children’s development and learning
Interested in being a partner?
If your organization is within LA City limits, contact the Youth Services Department at (213) 228-7370.
Our current partners have found the following talking points helpful when distributing the kits:
- It is never too early to start reading to your infant.
- Reading time is bonding time. Your baby will hear and learn the rhythm and tones of your voice.
- Babies who are read to develop a larger vocabulary, thus helping them prepare for success in school.
- Read whatever you want and have fun. Then your baby will enjoy reading too!
- The Los Angeles Public Library welcomes all families with free books, parent resources, programs, and play spaces for young children.