Free income tax preparation and filing by AARP through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
No appointments necessary. Walk-ins only.
Tax forms we prepare are Form 1040 (U.S. Individual Income Tax Return) and CA Form 540 (California Resident Income). These services are available to people with household annual income of $56,000 or less. Both spouses must be present for joint returns.
What to bring on the day of your visit:
- A valid CA Driver’s License, ID, or Passport
- Social Security Numbers or ITINs for the Taxpayer, spouse and dependents
- Birth Dates for the Taxpayer, spouse, and dependents (month, date, and year)
- Tax Documents (Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, and all other tax documents)
- Blank check for direct deposit of refund
If this applies to you, also bring:
- All Forms 1095, Health Form Statements
- California Renters’ Credit
- Day Care Providers Information, including total amount paid for day care per child, day care provider’s name, address, phone number, and tax ID number provided via statement from the daycare provider
- Total Education Expenses (books, laptops, etc.) via form provided by the educational institution
For further information about what to specifically bring, please contact the library directly at: (818) 765-9251.