Face masks are required in all City of Los Angeles facilities, including libraries.

The library will be closed Monday, July 4 for Independence Day.

New Americans - COVID-19 Resources

Leer en español

Is USCIS closed? How can I get assistance to file my application?

USCIS domestic field offices and asylum offices have resumed non-emergency face-to-face services to the public.

For assistance, you can make an appointment or leave a message at 213-228-7390.

Where can I find information about CalFresh (food stamps) and food banks?

DPSS (CalFresh Food Stamps)

*If you do not have a Green Card, you should consult with an immigration specialist before you apply. You can make an appointment or leave a message at 213-228-7390.

Food Banks

  • For the closest food pantry/bank to you, visit Los Angeles Food Bank Pantry Locator.
  • St Francis Center will continue to provide services to the Los Angeles community in a modified manner, including breakfast and pantry programs, clothing closets, showers and bathroom services, and rental and utility assistance programs (over the phone) for homeless and low-income individuals in Los Angeles. Call 213-747-5347 or email info@sfcla.org for further information.
  • Hollywood Food Coalition, located at 5939 Hollywood Blvd, is currently continuing to serve nightly meals as packaged takeaways. Contact them at 323-462-2032.

Where can I get help with my utility bills?

Where can I find low-cost Internet and information about cell phone plan discounts in my neighborhood?

Where can I apply for emergency funds or unemployment assistance because I'm not working?

Wage Losses, Emergency Funds

What rights and benefits am I eligible for as an employee?

Resources for Workers

You may be eligible for disability or unemployment benefits. If you are unsure if you qualify, please contact Legal Aid at Work or Bet Tzedek.

I have DACA, and I have questions about my employment benefits.

Workers with DACA

  • The California Employment Development Department (EDD) is encouraging individuals with DACA and other employment authorizations who are affected by coronavirus layoffs to apply for unemployment benefits. Workers don't have to be sick to qualify. Individuals who were laid off or had hours reduced due to coronavirus restrictions can also apply.
  • DACA Recipients and Coronavirus (CHIRLA)
  • DACA y Coronavirus - (CHIRLA)

Where can I find financial assistance for my small business?

Business Source Services

A Business Source consultant can assist patrons in determining where to apply for COVID-19 small business relief (for all types of small business owners). Make your appointment or call and leave your name and phone number at 213-228-7390 (Spanish/English)

Small Business Assistance

What are the eviction order protections and where can I find assistance?

COVID-19 Emergency Order Eviction Protections

The COVID-19 eviction order protections guidelines in Los Angeles are for all renters, regardless of immigration status.

If you can't pay your rent, the Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department recommends you stay in your residence and communicate with your landlord. Let your landlord know in a written, dated, and signed letter about your economic circumstances as a result of COVID-19. Do this before you are due to pay rent or within 7 days after the rental due date.

Make a plan and try to work with your landlord and contact an attorney from one of the organizations listed below.

Landlords cannot force tenants to provide documents of lost income or hardship, but documentation is strongly encouraged; Renters are not required to sign any payment agreements.

For more information about how the rental protection works, please visit:

I am a tenant. Where can I file a complaint regarding eviction protections?

File a Complaint: Tenants may seek information and assistance from HCIDLA by calling 866‐557‐RENT or 866‐557‐7368, Monday ‐ Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and weekends, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., or a complaint can be filed using this online form.

Where can I find an attorney to help me with an eviction order?

Find an attorney:

  • Eviction Defense Network: Please send an email to: info@edn.la. If you don't have email, send a text or call 213-385-8112 and your request will be screened by a paralegal. For more information, visit Eviction Defense Network)
  • Bet Tzedek: Telephone Virtual Clinic. Should you have any eviction-related questions, email intake@bettzedek.org or call the message line 323-939-0506 and leave a message to make an appointment to speak with an advocate.
  • BASTA Inc.: Call 213-736-5050 to schedule an appointment to speak with an advocate.
  • Housing Rights Center: Call 800-477-5977 or email info@housingrightscenter.org
  • Inner City Law Center: Call 213-891-2880 or email evictions@innercitylaw.org. They may take 2 business days or more to reply.

  • Neighborhood Legal Services Los Angeles: Call the general helpLine at 800-433-6251. The help line is open between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • Public Counsel: Call 213-385-2977 ext. 100 and leave a voicemail. On the voicemail, the potential client should explain the exact legal issue. The call will then be routed to the Public Counsel project most suited to provide the services needed.
  • Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles: Call 800-399-4529 Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., or from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m to complete an intake form or fill out the form online

Where can I find out about health care coverage during COVID-19?

*Schedule a COVID-19 Test

COVID-19 Health

For questions about any health care programs or services in California, regardless of your immigration status, call:


Medi-Cal is California's health program that offers free or low-cost health coverage for low-income residents who meet eligibility requirements.

Currently, undocumented adults may apply for Medi-Cal if they are 19-26 or age 65 and over. Medi-Cal also provides limited emergency coverage for undocumented adults and emergency coverages for pregnancy and delivery.

You can also view this helpful informational guide from Health Consumer Alliance about keeping your Medi-Cal or Covered CA during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Health Consumer Alliance: Ayudar a los Californianos a obtener la atención médica que necesitan

The Department of Health Care Services has a step by step guide. Click the Translate button on the top left of the page to view it in other languages.

Covered California

Covered California is the official insurance marketplace for California residents.

For assistance in finding out how you may enroll, check the website Covered California Enrollment or call 800-300-1506.

Find a community-based organization to assist you with enrolling in Medi-Cal or Covered California for free. If you call a certified enrollment agent, be sure to ask if they charge fees for assistance.

Assistance will need to be provided over the phone.

Undocumented & Uninsured California Residents

My Health LA

If you are uninsured or undocumented, you may qualify for My Health LA. My Health LA is a no-cost health-care service. It is not health care insurance.

To enroll:

  • Call MHLA Member Services at 844-744-6452 (MHLA) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Visit dhs.lacounty.gov/MHLA for a list of their clinics.
  • Find a Clinic
  • Call the clinic in advance to schedule an appointment or to enroll.

Community Clinics

If you are unable to get Emergency Medi-Cal and do not qualify for any other program, you can go to the ER and/or local community health clinics called Federally Qualified Health Centers to get medical attention. To locate a health center near you, click here.

Where can I learn more about my rights and community resources?

Additional Information

  • LA County - Office of Immigrant Affairs
  • Protecting Immigrant Families
  • California State Government

  • Where can I find COVID-19 information in ASL, Español / Spanish, Indigenous Languages, Farsi, Chinese, Mongolian, Korean, or another language?

    COVID-19 Fact Sheets in 35 Languages including Bangali, / বাংলা, Farsi, Farsi / فارسی, Español / Spanish, Korean / 한국어, and Chinese (Traditional) / 中文(正體字) (reviewed and vetted by faculty members at Harvard Medical School)

    California Department of Public Health COVID-19 Resources in different languages including Arabic, Armenian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Hmong, Khmer, Korean, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese.


    Español / Spanish

    Indigenous Languages

    فارسی / Farsi

    中文 / Chinese

    한국어 / Korean


    I think I am being charged too much. Where can I get more information and help?

    Experiencing or seeing price gouging or other fraudulent activities related to COVID-19? Contact LA County Consumer & Business Affairs at 800-593-8222 or email info@dcba.lacounty.gov to file a complaint or to receive more information

    Price gouging refers to sellers trying to take unfair advantage of consumers during an emergency or disaster by greatly increasing prices for essential consumer goods and services.

    FAQs for consumers on price gouging of consumer goods, services, rental housing (California Department of Justice)

    Will the IRS ask for my banking information over the phone for the Economic Impact Payment?

    No, the IRS will not contact you by phone, email, text message, or social media about your payment, or to ask you for your bank account or Social Security number. The IRS will not ask for money from you to receive the check for the economic impact payment.