PPE, easy as 1-2-3
Make a Mask
Liquid Hand Sanitizer Recipe
Equipment: Measuring Cup, measuring spoons, spray bottle
- Step 1: Boil water and let cool.
- Step 1: Pour 1 cup of 99% isopropyl alcohol into a large measuring cup.
- Step 3: Use some left over 99% isopropyl alcohol to sanitize the spray bottle. Spray some of the left over 99% isopropyl alcohol into the spray bottle and let it sit until alcohol evaporates.
- Step 4: Add 1 Tablespoon 3% hydrogen peroxide to measuring cup.
- Step 5: Add 1 Teaspoon 98% glycerin to the measuring cup and stir with a clean spoon.
- Step 6: Add 1/4 cup boiled water (cooled) to the measuring cup and stir.
- Step 7: Pour liquid hand sanitizer into sanitized spray bottle. Label.
Notes: 1) This recipe is from Popular Science, who took it from WHO for a liquid, not gel, hand sanitizer. It is the best at sanitizing and maintains the CDC recommendation of using hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol to fight COVID-19, but is rough on hands. 2) Make sure that you have something to put the liquid hand sanitizer in, and a method to sanitize that container. Popular Science suggests a spray bottle.