Print this page

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)


Saturday, January 25, 2014


12:00pm to 4:30pm





The VITA Program generally offers free tax help to people who make $51,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. They can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled. 
Things to bring with you: Proof of identification – Picture ID
Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration 
Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.