This is a FREE, 10-week course designed by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (www.nami.org) to incorporate presentations, discussions, and exercises for individuals living with brain disorders who wish to establish and maintain wellness in response to their mental health challenges. The course is taught by a trained NAMI representative living in recovery from mental illness.
Course topics include the following:
- Current Evidence-Based Research Findings About Brain Biology;
- Mental Illness Symptoms and Their Relationship to Personal Experiences;
- Personalized Relapse Prevention Plan;
- Tools to Prepare Interactions with Health-Care Providers;
- Skills For Making Decisions and Reducing Stress;
- Support Services within The Westside Los Angeles Community, and
- Advocacy Initiatives For Fighting Stigma.
For ADA Accommodations, call (213) 228-7430 at least 72-hours prior to event.