The Friends of the Jefferson Library Present:
LATINO HERITAGE MONTH ESSAY CONTEST
Featuring Cash Prizes!
Deadline for All Entries is Friday, September 26, 2014
Pick one of the essay topics below:
· Tell us what Latino Heritage means to you.
· Tell us about why you are proud of your Latino/Hispanic roots.
· What does it mean to be a Latino American?
· Tell us about your favorite book written by a Latino author, and why you enjoyed it so much.
· Name a Latino, past or present, with whom you would choose to spend a day and explain why (or tell us what you would like to do with him/her).
The contest is open to all students K-12
· Division I– K through 1st Grade- 25 words or a drawing– $20.00 First prize/ $10.00 runner up
· Division II- 2nd through 4th Grade- 150 words- $30.00 First prize/$20.00 runner up
· Division III- 5th through 7th Grade- 200 words- $40.00 First prize/$30.00 runner up
· Division IV- 8th through 12th Grade- 250 Words- $50.00 First prize/$40.00 runner up
All entries must include author's name, age, and phone number.
Send your entry with the proper word count for your division to: