Local STEAM Resources for Kids:
- California Science Center
- DIY Girls
- Griffith Observatory
- Iridescent Learning
- Kidspace Children's Museum
- LA Makerspace
- Natural History Museum
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
Great Websites for Kids - a resource sponsored by the Association for Library Service to Children
- Animal websites
- Astronomy and Space websites
- Biology websites
- Chemistry and Physics websites
- Computer Science websites
- General Science websites
- Geology websites
- Math websites
- Science Experiments websites
- Weather and the Environment websites
Great websites for adults working with kids:
- Bill Nye the Science Guy - Videos and printables of science experiments and activities to try at home and at school.
- Curiosity Machine - Fun engineering challenges, ranging from easy to complex, for families to try together.
- Hour of Code - Fun games teach kids and adults the basics of computer science and programming.
- How To Smile - "All the best science and technology activities" for teachers, after-school programs and parents.
- National Science Teachers Association - Great one-stop resource; includes information for parents, too.
- PBS Kids Lab - Fun games that teach math and reading skills, plus activities and resources for parents and teachers.
- Reading Rockets - Find everything from recommended kids' books about science to tip sheets on how parents can build their kids' science literacy skills.
- Scratch - Program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community.
Databases (Require an LAPL card for remote access):