September 29, 2013 Los Angeles Times Best Sellers Available at the Library
Billy Crystal's memoir, Still Foolin' Em hits the #1 spot on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Nonfiction list this week. Other new nonfiction titles to make the list this week are Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune by Bill Dedman and A. Scott Berg's latest biography, Wilson about the 28th President of the United States.
On the Hardcover Fiction list, the new books are Sue Grafton's latest Kinsey Millhone mystery, W is for Wasted in the #2 spot, Someone by Alice McDermott at #5 and Dissident Gardens by Jonathan Lethem at #7.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. Never Go Back by Lee Child
2. W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton
3. MaddAdam by Margaret Atwood
4. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
5. Someone by Alice McDermott
6. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
7. Dissident Gardens by Jonathan Lethem
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
9. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
10. Night Film by Marisha Pessl
1. Still Foolin' Em by Billy Crystal
2. Salinger by David Shields and Shane Salerno
3. Empty Mansions by Bill Dedman
5. Wilson by A. Scott Berg
6. Grumpy Cat by Grumpy Cat
7. Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris
8. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
9. Lawrence in Arabia by Scott Anderson
10. Si-cology 101 by Si Robertson
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.