September 22, 2013 Los Angeles Times Best Sellers Available at the Library
Plenty of turnover on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction list this week with Lee Child's newest Jack Reacher novel, Never Go Back debuting at #1. Also newly published and debuting in the Top Ten are Kathy Reichs' latest mystery involving forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan, Bones of the Lost and MaddAdam by Margaret Atwood. MaddAdam is the conclusion of Atwood's speculative fiction trilogy which started with Oryx & Crake and continued with The Year of the Flood.
On the Hardcover Nonfiction list there is a new book in the top spot - Salinger by David Shields and Shane Salerno, which is being published in coordination with the theatrical release of a documentary film of the same name. Si-cology:Tales and Wisdom from Duck Dynasty's Favorite Uncle by Si Robertson debuts at #9.
On the Paperback Fiction list this week the #1 book is Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple while the #1 Paperback Nonfiction book is Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Woman's Prison by Piper Karman.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. Never Go Back by Lee Child
2. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
4. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6. Inferno by Dan Brown
7. Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs
8. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
9. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
10. MaddAdam by Margaret Atwood
1. Salinger by David Shields and Shane Salerno
2. Zealot by Reza Aslan
3. Lawrence in Arabia by Scott Anderson
4. This Town by Mark Leibovich
5. Grumpy Cat by Grumpy Cat
6. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
7. Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris
8. Difficult Men by Brett Martin Henri, Le Chat Noir by William Braden
9. Si-cology 101 by Si Robertson
10. The Liberty Amendments by Mark R. Levin
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.