November 10 2013 Los Angeles Times Best Sellers Available at the Library
Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch , her much-awaited follow-up to The Secret History and The Little Friend debuts at number one on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction Best Sellers list this week. John Grisham's Sycamore Row, a sequel to his debut novel, A Time to Kill is at number two on the list while Allegiant by Veronica Roth also debuts in the top ten.
David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell remains number one on the Hardcover Nonfiction list for the fourth week in a row. New to the Nonfiction list this week is Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer and Wild Tales by Graham Nash.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
3. The Circle by David Eggers
4. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
5. The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
6. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
7. The Luminaries by Elanor Catton
8. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
9. Police by Jo Nesbo
10. Dog Songs by Mary Oliver
1. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
2. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
3. Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
4. The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida
5. Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer
6. Johnny Carson by Henry Bushkin
7. The Men Who United the States by Simon Winchester
8. On Summer: America 1927 by Bill Bryson
9. My Story, Elizabeth Smart by Chris Stewart
10. Wild Tales by Graham Nash
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.