March 30, 2014 Los Angeles Times Best Sellers Available at the Library
David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell returns to the #1 spot on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Nonfiction Best Sellers list after an abssence of a few weeks while Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch remains in the top spot on the Hardcover Fiction list. The Goldfinch has been the number one book on the Fiction list for 20 of the last 21 weeks.
Walter Kirn's real-life psychological thriller, Blood Will Out: The True Story of a Murder, a Mystery, and a Masquerade and Robert Wagner's Hollywood memoir, You Must Remember This: Life and Style in Hollywood's Golden Age are new additions to the Nonfiction list.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
3. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
4. Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
5. Bark by Lorrie Moore
6. Redeployment by Phil Kay
7. The Black-Eyed Blonde by Benjamin Black
8. The Martian by Andy Weir
9. Stone Cold by C. J. Box
10. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
1. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
2. The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku
3. Showtime by Jeff Pearlman
4. Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler
5. Blood Will Out by Walter Kirn
7. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
8. My Promised Land by Ari Shavit
9. You Must Remember This by Robert Wagner
10. A Short Guide to a Long Life by David B. Agus
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.