June 9, 2014 Los Angeles Times Best Sellers Available at the Library
After being displaced at the top of the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction List last week by Ruth Reichl's, Delicious!, The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt has regained the number one spot again this week. Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty remains on top of the Hardcover Nonfiction list for the second week in a row.
There are two books debuting on the Hardcover Nonfiction List this week as well. At #2 is Think Like a Freak: The Authors of Freakonomics Offer to Retrain Your Brain by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, and at #8 is One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America's Future by Ben Carson M.D.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Son by Jo Nesbo
3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. Delicious! by Ruth Reichl
5. Lost for Words by Edward St. Aubyn
6. The Last Kind Words Saloon by Larry McMurtry
7. The Snow Queen by Michael Cunningham
8. The Corsican Caper by Peter Mayle
9. Natchez Burning by Greg Iles
10. Any Other Name by Craig Johnson
1. Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty
2. Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
3. No Place to Hide by Glenn Greenwald
4. Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant? by Roz Chast
6. A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren
7. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
8. One Nation by Ben Carson M.D.
9. Stress Test by Timothy Geithner
10. Congratulations, by the Way by George Saunders
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.