January 5, 2014 Los Angeles Times Best Sellers Available at the Library
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt is #1 for an eigth week on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction Bestseller List. There are no debuts on the Fiction List this week however three books return to the list after a short absence; The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner, and Tenth of December: Stories by George Saunders.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Gods of Guilt by Michael Connelly
3. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
4. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
5. The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
6. S. by Doug Dorst
7. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
9. The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner
10. Tenth of December: Stories by George Saunders
1. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
2. Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer
3. The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin
4. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
5. Let Me Off at the Top! by Ron Burgandy
6. Johnny Cash by Robert Hilburn
7. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
8. Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard
9. Stitches by Anne Lamott
10. One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.