December 15, 2013 Los Angeles Times Best Sellers Available at the Library
On the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction Bestseller List, Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch is #1 for the sixth straight week. The only new addition to the Fiction list is Mitch Albom's The First Phone Call From Heaven, the story of a small Michigan town which starts to receive phone calls from the afterlife.
Back on top of the Hardcover Nonfiction List this week is Malcolm Gladwell's David and Goliath. In anticipation of the opening of the movie Anchorman 2, Will Ferrell's Let Me Off at the Top! by Ron Burgandy hits the List at #6.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. S. by Doug Dorst
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
4. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
5. The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
6. The Circle by Dave Eggers
7. Dog Songs by Mary Oliver
8. The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon by Alexander McCall SMith
9. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
10. The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom
1. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
2. Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer
3. The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin
4. Stitches by Anne Lamott
5. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
6. Let Me Off at the Top! by Ron Burgandy
7. My Promised Land by Ari Shavit
8. Johnny Cash by Robert Hilburn
9. A Story Told Lately by Anjelica Huston
10. One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.