No changes atop the Los Angeles Times Bestseller lists with Robert Galbraith's The Cuckoo's Calling in the #1 spot on the Hardcover Fiction list and Reza Aslan's Zealot #1 on the Nonfiction list. Debuting at #4 on the Nonfiction list is The World in a Curl: The Unconventional History of Surfing by Peter Westwick and Peter Neushul. The book is a colorful history of the sport which came out of a popular class on surfing taught by the authors at the University of California Santa Barbara.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
2. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
3. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
4. & Sons by David Gilbert
5. Love, Dishoner, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish by David Rakoff
6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
7. The English Girl by Daniel Silva
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
9. Bad Monkey by Carl Hiaasen
10. Inferno by Dan Brown
1. Zealot by Reza Aslan
2. This Town by Mark Leibovich
3. Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris
4. The World in a Curl by Peter Westwick and Peter Neushul
5. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
6. I Could Pee on This by Francesco Marciuliano
7. I Could Chew on This by Francesco Marciuliano
8. Grumpy Cat by Grumpy Cat
9. My Lunches with Orson by Henry Jaglom
10. Shirley Jones: A Memoir by Shirley Jones
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.