1. I have three cats.
2. One of them looks just like Katje the Windmill Cat, only fatter.
3. I like to write all kinds of stories, fiction and nonfiction, for all ages of children.
4. I travel all around the world looking for stories.
5. I once lived in a grass hut on a tiny island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
6. I've got a tiny farm in Los Angeles, California with fruit trees, berry bushes, grape vines, red and green vegetables, and a big tree drooping with avocados.
7. My front garden is filled with golden California poppies every spring.
8. I love to go boogie-boarding in the ocean and hiking in the mountains.
9. My son and daughter think I have a terrible singing voice, but I sing in choirs anyway. As long as I don't sing too loudly, I don't spoil the music.
10. If I come to your school, you can help me act out my stories with props and costumes and we'll even sing songs together. I promise I'll sing softly.