Did you miss out on our origami bookmark program this weekend? We've got you covered with step-by-step instructions for both of the origami bookmark designs taught
How to make a heart-shaped bookmark
1. Start with a piece of paper measuring 5' by 2.5'
2. Fold your rectangle in half lengthwise, with the side you would like to be visible on the outside.
3. Then, fold this in half width wise.
4. Unfold your last fold.
5. Fold up each side so that the edge aligns with the crease created by your second fold.
6. Turn your piece of paper over and fold the tops of each flap down about 1/3 of the way. Then, fold down the corners of each side at a 45 degree angle to form a heart shape.
7. Though not strictly necessary, it helps to hold the bookmark together if you put a small piece of tape over the back.
How to make a triangle origami bookmark
1. Start with a square piece of paper measuring 5' by 5', place it so that the side you want to show is facing the table and turn it 1/4 of a turn to make it a diamond shape.
2. Fold your sheet of paper in half to form a triangle.
3. Take each corner of this newly formed triangle and fold at a 45 degree angle so that the points meet the top.
4. Unfold both sides so that you are back to a triangle shape.
4. Take the top sheet of the top corner and fold it down so it meets the bottom of the triangle.
5. Fold the two sides back up to meet the top of the triangle.
6. Tuck each side down into the pocket created by your last fold.
6. Fold down the last flap and tuck into the same pocket.
We hope you enjoy your new bookmarks! Keep an eye out for future recycled books craft programs at the Central library!