There are no changes at the top of both of the Los Angeles Times Bestseller Lists this week. For the 8th week in a row The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins is number one on the Hardcover Fiction List, while The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo is on top of the Hardcover Nonfiction List.
New to the Fiction List this week are The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro, After Birth by Elisa Albert, and The Sellout by Paul Beatty. The only debut on the Nonfiction List is Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
2. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
3. The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
4. A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
5. The Whites by Harry Brandt
6. Funny Girl by Nick Hornby
7. After Birth by Elisa Albert
8. The Sellout by Paul Beatty
9. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul by Jeff Kinney
10. Euphoria by Lily King
1. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
2. Girl in a Band by Kim Gordon
3. Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
4. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
5. Dead Wake by Erik Larson
6. Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
7. Ghettoside by Jill Leovy
8. Leaving Before the Rains Come by Alexandra Fuller
9. Small Victories by Anne Lamott
10. It's What I Do by Lynsey Addario
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.