The Conservative Heart: How to Build a Fairer, Happier, and More Prosperous America by Arthur C. Brooks is the new #1 book on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Nonfiction Best Seller List this week. Harper Lee's return to publishing, Go Set a Watchman, remains the #1 book on the Hardcover Fiction Best Seller List for the second week in a row.
Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life by William Finnegan is the only other debut on either of the Best Seller Lists this week, coming in at #3 on the Hardcover Nonfiction List.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
2. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. The Cartel by Don Winslow
5. The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
6. Armada by Ernest Cline
7. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
8. The English Spy by Daniel Silva
9. China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
10. Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
1. The Conservative Heart by Arthur C. Brooks
2. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
3. Barbarian Days by William Finnegan
4. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
5. Sick in the Head by Judd Apatow
6. The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
7. Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari
8. The Best Team Money Can Buy by Molly Knight
9. Dead Wake by Erik Larson
10. Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.