Commonwealth by Ann Patchett debuts at number one on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction Best Seller List and Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance moves into the top spot on the Hardcover Nonfiction Bestseller List for the week of October 2, 2016.
New to the Hardcover Fiction top ten is Nutshell by Ian Rankin. Debuting this week on the Hardcover Nonfiction List are: The Upside of Inequality by Edward Conrad; Killing the Rising Sun by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard; Hustle by Neil Patel, Patrick Vlaskovits & Jonas Koffler; In Such Good Company by Carol Burnett and Good Vibrations by Mike Love.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
2. Nutshell by Ian Rankin
3. Razor Girl by Carli Hiaasen
4. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
5. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne & John Tiffany
6. A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
7. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
8. The Girls by Emma Cline
9. Here I Am by Jonathan Safran Foer
10. The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
1. Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance
2. The Upside of Inequality by Edward Conrad
3. Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
4. Killing the Rising Sun by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard
5. The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer
6. Hustle by Neil Patel, Patrick Vlaskovits & Jonas Koffler
7. The Pigeon Tunnel by John le Carre
8. In Such Good Company by Carol Burnett
9. Good Vibrations by Mike Love
10. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.