Commonwealth by Ann Patchett remains at number one on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction Best Seller List for the third week in a row, while Bruce Springsteen's autobiography, Born to Run, takes over the top spot on the Hardcover Nonfiction Bestseller List for the week of October 16, 2016.
Debuting on the Hardcover Fiction List this week are Home by Harlan Coben and Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier. New to the Hardcover Nonfiction List are When Nobody Was Watching by Carli Lloyd & Wayne Coffey and Hero of the Empire: The Boer War, a Daring Escape, and the Making of Winston Churchill by Candice Millard
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
2. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
3. Nutshell by Ian Rankin
4. Here I Am by Jonathan Safran Foer
5. Home by Harlan Coben
6. Razor Girl by Carli Hiaasen
7. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne & John Tiffany
8. A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
9. The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
10. Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
1. Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
2. Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance
3. Killing the Rising Sun by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard
4. When Nobody Was Watching by Carli Lloyd & Wayne Coffey
5. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
6. The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer
7. Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
8. Good Vibrations by Mike Love
9. Hero of the Empire by Candice Millard
10. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.