No changes atop the Los Angeles Times Best Seller lists this week. Elizabeth Gilbert's The Signature of All Things is number one on the Hardcover Fiction Best Sellers list and David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell heads the Hardcover Nonfiction list. New novels debuting on the list are Helen Fielding's return to the character of Bridget Jones after 13 years with Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy; the winner of the 2013 Man Booker Prize, The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton, which is set in the goldfields of New Zealand in 1866; Scott Turow's latest thriller, Identical; and Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole mystery, Police.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
2. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
3. The Circle by David Eggers
4. Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding
5. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
6. The Luminaries by Elanor Catton
7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
8. Identical by Scott Turow
9. Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
10. Police by Jo Nesbo
1. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
2. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
3. Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
4. The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida
5. On Summer: America 1927 by Bill Bryson
6. Break Out! by Joel Osteen
7. Johnny Carson by Henry Bushkin
8. The Men Who United the States by Simon Winchester
9. Simple Dreams by Linda Ronstadt
10. My Story, Elizabeth Smart by Chris Stewart
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.