Garth Risk Hallberg's novel on New York in the 1970s, City on Fire, debuts at #1 on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction Top 10 List for the week of November 1, 2015. M Train by Patti Smith remains in the top spot on the Hardcover Nonfiction List.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. City on Fire by Garth Risk Hallberg
2. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. Purity by Jonathan Franzen
5. A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George R. R. Martin
6. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
7. See Me by Nicholas Sparks
8. The Survivor by Vince Flynn
9. After You by Jojo Moyes
10. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
1. M Train by Patti Smith
2. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
3. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
4. Killing Reagan by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard
5. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
6. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
7. Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink by Elvis Costello
8. A Common Struggle by Patrick Kennedy
9. Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
10. Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.