One week after debuting on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Nonfiction List, Diane Keaton shot up to the top spot on the list this week with her memoir, Let's Just Say It Wasn't Pretty. For the 28th out of 29 weeks since being released, The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, is the number 1 book on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction List.
There is only one debut on the Nonfiction List this week, George Saunder's Congratulations, by the Way , which is an expanded version of his 2013 commencement speech at Syracuse University. On the Fiction List the only newcomer is Natchez Burning, Greg Iles' first novel in five years.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Target by David Baldacci
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
4. The Invention of WIngs by Sue Monk Kidd
5. The Serpent of Venice by Christopher Moore
6. Can't and Won't: Stories by Lydia Davis
7. In Paradise by Peter Matthiessen
8. Natchez Burning by Greg Iles
9. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
10. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
2. A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren
3. John Wayne by Scott Eyman
4. Thrive by Arianna Huffington
5. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
6. Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
7. Everybody's Got Something by Robin Roberts and Veronica Chambers
8. Face the Music by Paul Stanley
9. 10% Happier by Dan Harris
10. Congratulations, by the Way by George Saunders
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.