In its 94th week of release, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, returns to #1 on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction Best Seller List while When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi is once again in the top spot on the Hardcover Nonfiction List. All the Light We Cannot See first hit the Times Best Seller List on May 25, 2014.
There was a lot of turnover on the lists this week. New to the Hardcover Fiction List are: Midnight Sun by Jo Nesbo; Morning Star by Pierce Brown; Cometh the Hour by Jeffrey Archer; and Iain Pears' Arcadia. Debuting on the Hardcover Nonfiction List are: And Then All Hell Broke Loose by Richard Engel; A Mother's Reconing by Sue Klebold; and In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
2. My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
3. The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin
4. Midnight Sun by Jo Nesbo
5. Morning Star by Pierce Brown
6. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
7. Cometh the Hour by Jeffrey Archer
8. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
9. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School by Jeff Kinney
10. Arcadia by Iain Pears
1. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
2. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
3. West of Eden by Jean Stein
4. The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson
5. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
6. Spark Joy by Marie Kondo
7. Dark Money by Jane Mayer
8. And Then All Hell Broke Loose by Richard Engel
9. A Mother's Reconing by Sue Klebold
10. In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.