The Future of the Mind: The Scientific Quest to Understand, Enhance, and Empower the Mind by Michio Kaku is the new #1 book on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Nonfiction Best Sellers list this week while Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch remains in the top spot on the Hardcover Fiction list.
Half of the Nonfiction list is made up of new releases this week while Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand breaks back into the top ten in it's 121 week of release. The new books on the Nonfiction list are: Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s by Jeff Pearlman; Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler; Five Came Back: A Story of Hollywood and the Second World War by Mark Harris; Minecraft: Essential Handbook; and How Paris Became Paris: The Invention of the Modern City by Joan Dejean.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
3. Bark by Lorrie Moore
4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
5. Still Life With Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen
6. The Black-Eyed Blonde by Benjamin Black
7. The Martian by Andy Weir
8. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
9. One More Thing by B.J. Novak
10. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
1. The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku
2. Showtime by Jeff Pearlman
3. Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler
4. Five Came Back by Mark Harris
5. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
7. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
8. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
9. A Short Guide to a Long Life by David B. Agus
10. How Paris Became Paris by Joan Dejean
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.