The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin is the new #1 book on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Best Sellers List this week. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi returns to the top spot on the Times Hardcover Nonfiction Best Sellers List after falling to #2 last week.
The only book to make its debut on either list this week is At the Existentialist Café: Freedom, Being, and Apricot Cocktails with Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, Albert Camus, Martin Heidegger, Maurice Merleau-Ponty and Others by Sarah Bakewell, which came in at #9 on the Nonfiction List.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin
2. My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende
5. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
6. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
7. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
8. Midnight Sun by Jo Nesbo
9. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
10. A Doubter's Almanac by Ethan Canin
1. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
2. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
3. West of Eden by Jean Stein
4. Spark Joy by Marie Kondo
5. Dark Money by Jane Mayer
6. The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson
7. Gratitude by Oliver Sacks
8. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
9. At the Existentialist Cafe by Sarah Bakewell
10. In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.