The top spots on both the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction & Nonfiction Bestseller Lists remain the same with Donna Tartt's Pulitzer Prize winning, The Goldfinch at #1 on the Fiction List while Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty is still #1 on the Nonfiction List.
New on the Fiction List is Lisa See's China Dolls, Midnight in Europe by Alan Furst, Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King and The Vacationers by Emma Straub. On the Nonfiction list the newcomers are Carsick by John Waters and Minecraft: Redstone Handbook. 130 weeks after it was first released, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, the story of Los Angeles Olympian and WWII hero, Louis Zamperini is back in the top ten on the Hardcover Nonfiction List.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. China Dolls by Lisa See
3. Midnight in Europe by Alan Furst
4. Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
5. Skin Game by Jim Butcher
6. The Vacationers by Emma Straub
7. Delicious! by Ruth Reichl
8. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
9. The Last Kind Words Saloon by Larry McMurtry
10. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
1. Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty
2. Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
3. Tibetan Peach Pie by Tom Robbins
4. A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren
5. Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant? by Roz Chast
6. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
7. Carsick by John Waters
8. #Girlboss by Sophia Ambrose
9. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.