The Goldfinch juggernaut rolls on as Donna Tartt's Pulitzer Prize winning novel continues atop the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction List again this week. Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty remains #1 on the Hardcover Nonfiction List for the third week in a row.
Debuting in the second spot on the Hardcover Fiction List is Skin Game, the 14th entry in Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files. There are two new books on this week's Hardcover Nonfiction List, The Road to Reinvention: How to Drive Disruption and Accelerate Transformation by Josh Linkner and Tibetan Peach Pie: A True Account of an Imaginative Life, a memoir by Tom Robbins.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. Skin Game by Jim Butcher
3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. The Son by Jo Nesbo
5. Lost for Words by Edward St. Aubyn
6. The Last Kind Words Saloon by Larry McMurtry
7. Delicious! by Ruth Reichl
8. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
9. The Snow Queen by Michael Cunningham
10. The Serpent of Venice by Christopher Moore
1. Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty
2. Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
3. #Girlboss by Sophia Ambrose
4. Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant? by Roz Chast
5. The Road to Reinvention by Josh Linkner
6. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
7. A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren
8. The Closer by Mariano Rivera
9. Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
10. Tibetan Peach Pie by Tom Robbins
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.