The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt is #1 for an ninth week on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction Bestseller List. For the second week in a row there are no debuts on the Fiction List. Two books return to the list after a short absence, The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert and Allegiant by Vernoica Roth.
There is also very little turnover on the Hardcover Nonfiction List this week as Malcolm Gladwell's David and Goliath is #1 once again. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow is the only newcomer to the list.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Gods of Guilt by Michael Connelly
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
4. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
5. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
6. The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
7. S. by Doug Dorst
8. The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner
9. Tenth of December: Stories by George Saunders
10. Allegiant by Vernoica Roth
1. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
2. Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer
3. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
4. The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin
5. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
6. One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
7. Stitches by Anne Lamott
8. Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard
9. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
10. Let Me Off at the Top! by Ron Burgandy
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.