No changes to the top of either the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction or Nonfiction Bestseller Lists this week. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt is #1 on the Fiction list, while Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War by Robert M. Gates remains in the top spot on the Nonfiction list.
Two new books debuted on the Fiction list this week; The Days of Anna Madrigal, the final book in Armistead Maupin's "Tales of the City" series, debuts in the fourth spot on the list, while Ian Rankin's latest John Rebus mystery, Saints of the Shadow Bible, is at #5.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
4. The Days of Anna Madrigal by Armistead Maupin
5. Saints of the Shadow Bible by Ian Rankin
6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
7. On Such a Full Sea by Chang-Rae Lee
8. The Circle by Dave Eggers
9. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
10. The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
1. Duty by Robert M. Gates
2. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
3. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
4. My Age of Anxiety by Scott Stossel
5. Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer
6. Stitches by Anne Lamott
7. A Short Guide to a Long Life by David B. Agus
8. My Promised Land by Ari Shavit
9. Little Failure by Gary Shteyngart
10. The Loudest Voice in the Room by Gabriel Sherman
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.