Once again The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt is the number one book on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction or Nonfiction Bestseller List this week. Decide: Work Smarter, Reduce Your Stress, and Lead by Example by Steve McClatchy debuts in the top spot on the Hardcover Nonfiction list.
The only new entry on the Hardcover Fiction list this week is One More Thing a collection of short stories by television writer and actor B.J. Novak. In addition to Decide there are two other new books debuting on the Hardcover Nonfiction list, Glitter and Glue: A Memoir by Kelly Corrigan and All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood by Jennifer Senior
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. One More Thing by B.J. Novak
3. Still Life With Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen
4. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6. The Days of Anna Madrigal by Armistead Maupin
7. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
8. Ripper by Isabel Allende
9. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
1. Decide by Steve McClatchy
2. Duty by Robert M. Gates
3. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
4. The Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer
5. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
6. Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan
7. All Joy and No Fun by Jennifer Senior
8. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
9. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
10. Little Failure by Gary Shteyngart
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.