The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt remains #1 on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction or Nonfiction Bestseller List this week, while Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War by Robert M. Gates holds on to the top spot on the Nonfiction list for the third consecutive week.
Two new books debuted on the Fiction list this week; Still Life With Bread Crumbs by Pulitzer Prize winner Anna Quindlen debuts in the third spot on the list, while Isabel Allende's Ripper is at #10. On the Nonfiction list, My Life in Middlemarch, Rebecca Mead's celebration of George Eliot's novel, debuts in the fourth spot.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
3. Still Life With Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen
4. The Days of Anna Madrigal by Armistead Maupin
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6. The Circle by Dave Eggers
7. Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
8. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
9. On Such a Full Sea by Chang-Rae Lee
10. Ripper by Isabel Allende
1. Duty by Robert M. Gates
2. Little Failure by Gary Shteyngart
3. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
4. My Life in Middlemarch by Rebecca Mead
5. My Age of Anxiety by Scott Stossel
6. My Promised Land by Ari Shavit
7. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
8. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
9. A Short Guide to a Long Life by David B. Agus
10. Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.