In its fifth week on the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestseller List, Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes, and Politics by Charles Krauthammer has moved into the top spot. Anjelica Huston's memoir of her early life in Ireland and England, A Story Told Lately debuts in ninth place on the Hardcover Nonfiction list. Also new to the list, in tenth, is My Promised Land by Ari Shavit.
On the Hardcover Fiction List, Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch is #1 for the fifth straight week. Two perennial best-selling mystery writers have new entries on the Fiction list this week with Janet Evanovich's latest Stephanie Plum novel, Takedown Twenty at number eight on the list and Patricia Cornwell's new Kay Scarpetta story, Dust at number nine,
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
4. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
5. S. by Doug Dorst
6. The Circle by Dave Eggers
7. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
8. Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich
9. Dust by Patricia Cornwell
10. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
1. Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer
2. The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin
3. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
4. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
5. Stitches by Anne Lamott
6. American Heroes on the Homefront by Oliver North
7. Johnny Cash by Robert Hilburn
8. Double Down by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann
9. A Story Told Lately by Anjelica Huston
10. My Promised Land by Ari Shavit
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.