After being displaced by Double Down by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann in the top spot of the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestseller list last week, Malcolm Gladwell's David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants jumps back to #1 this week. L. A. Son: My Life, My City, My Food, a memoir by Roy Choi, the originator of the Kogi Korean taco truck, makes the Nonfiction list this week at #4.
On the Hardcover Fiction List, Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch is #1 for the fourth straight week. The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon by Alexander McCall Smith, the 14th entry in his "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series is the only newcomer to the list.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
3. The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
4. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
5. The Circle by Dave Eggers
6. The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon by Alexander McCall Smith
7. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
8. S. by Doug Dorst
9. Identical by Scott Turow
10. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
1. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
2. The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin
3. Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer
4. L. A. Son by Roy Choi
5. Stitches by Anne Lamott
6. Double Down by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann
7. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
8. Empty Mansions by Bill Dedman and Paul Clark Newell, Jr.
9. Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard
10. Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.