The #1 books on both the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction and Nonfiction Bestseller Lists remain the same this week, The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt on the Fiction List and Flash Boys by Michael Lewis on the Nonfiction List.
There are two new books on the Fiction List this week, Lydia Davis' sixth collection of short stories, Can't and Won't: Stories and the late Peter Matthiessen's final novel, In Paradise. Also jumping back into the list are previous Top 10 novels The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman and The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Half of the Nonfiction List has turned over this week - #3 is Face the Music: A Life Exposed by Paul Stanley of the rock group Kiss; #7 is Big Tent: The Story of the Conservative Revolution--As Told by the Thinkers and Doers Who Made It Happen by Mallory and Elizabeth Factor; #8 is Barbara Ehrenreich's Living with a Wild God: A Nonbeliever's Search for the Truth about Everything; at #9 is The Divide: American Injustice in the Age of the Wealth Gap by Matt Taibbi; and at #10 is Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull, et al.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
3. One More Thing by B. J. Novak
4. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
5. Frog Music by Emma Donoghue
6. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
7. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
8. Can't and Won't: Stories by Lydia Davis
9. In Paradise by Peter Matthiessen
10. The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
1. Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
2. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
3. Face the Music by Paul Stanley
4. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
5. Thrive by Arianna Huffington
6. 10% Happier by Dan Harris
7. Big Tent by Mallory Factor and Elizabeth Factor
8. Living with a Wild God by Barbara Ehrenreich
9. The Divide by Matt Taibbi
10. Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.