Recently named the winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch is on top of the Los Angeles Times Hardcover Fiction list for the 22nd week. On the Hardcover Nonfiction list, the new number 1 book is Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington.
The sole newcomer to the Hardcover Fiction list this week is William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back by Ian Doescher, his latest reimagining of George Lucas' world through the eyes of William Shakespeare. In addition to Thrive, former President Jimmy Carter's latest book A Call to Action: Women, Religion, Violence, and Power debuts at #5 on the Hardcover Nonfiction list.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
2. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
4. Missing You by Harlen Coben
5. One More Thing by B. J. Novak
6. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
7. Bark by Lorrie Moore
8. The Cairo Affair by Olen Steinhauer
9. William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back by Ian Doescher
10. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
1. Thrive by Arianna Huffington
2. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
3. Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler
4. The Story of the Jews by Simon Schama
5. A Call to Action by Jimmy Carter
6. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
7. The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku
8. The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert
9. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.